[PyKDE] Buling PyQt into Python: Errors

Hihn, Jason Jason.Hihn at verint.com
Wed Oct 20 17:24:00 BST 2004

Yes, that worked!

Now I just get them as unresolveds by the linker in the final step. I
think this comes from confusion in the first part of "Rebuilding
Python". When it says:
	Edit Makefile.pre.in and add the macros PYQT_OBJS and PYQT_LIBS.

	PYQT_OBJS contains the path names of all the object files that
were 	created when you built the static SIP and PyQt modules, ie. the
outputs of ls siplib/*.o and ls qt*/*.o from the SIP and PyQt source
directories respectively.

	PYQT_LIBS contains the command line flags needed to link the
various 	Qt libraries. For example:

	PYQT_LIBS= -L/usr/local/qt/lib -lqscintilla -lqassistantclient
-lqui -	lqt-mt
Where it says "add the macros" I am assuming that PYQT_OBJS and
PYQT_LIBS are already defined and that I do not have to define them? But
I don't see where they are specified.

Thanks again!

`_PyImport_Inittab[26]')

> > make: *** [Modules/config.o] Error 1
> >

> > Can anyone enlighten me? Is there a step missing from the
instructions
> > (don't I need a #include?)
>
> There is definately a documentation bug. Try changing the function
> declarations to remove the trailing "c" from initqtcanvasc() etc. That
> should get it to compile. If it doesn't link then try putting the "c"
back
> (everywhere, including where they were missing). I can't remember off
the
> top of my head if the "c" should be there or not - you can check by
> looking at the generated code.
>
> Phil

This electronic message may contain proprietary and confidential information of Verint Systems Inc., its affiliates and/or subsidiaries.
The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or
entity(ies) named above.  If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive this e-mail for the intended recipient), you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute to anyone this message or any information contained in this message.  If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify us by replying to this e-mail. (1)