[PyKDE] Buling PyQt into Python: Errors

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk
Thu Oct 21 15:30:57 BST 2004

> Ah, ok. I got it mostly working.
>
> I get errors on qtext and qtgl modules. I guess they weren't built by
> PyQt for some reason...
>
> Now I get one final error:
> case $MAKEFLAGS in \
> *-s*)  CC='gcc -pthread' LDSHARED='gcc -pthread -shared' OPT='-DNDEBUG
> -g -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes' ./python -E ./setup.py -q build;; \
> *)  CC='gcc -pthread' LDSHARED='gcc -pthread -shared' OPT='-DNDEBUG -g
> -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes' ./python -E ./setup.py build;; \
> esac
> ./python: relocation error: ./python: undefined symbol:
> _ZTI13QSplashScreen
> make: *** [sharedmods] Error 127
>
> I am compiling against Qt-x11-commercial-3.3.3
>
> Any ideas?

Assuming that the symbol is defined in your Qt shared library I would
suspect that it's not finding the library itself. Remember - the PYQT_LIBS
in the documentation is an example and may not be appropriate for your
setup. Compare it with the PyQt Makefiles that are generated for your
system to see if there are extra flags you need to specify.