[PyKDE] Newbie Geometry Management Questions...

Timothy Grant timothy.grant at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 22:36:24 BST 2004

Two questions on geometry management:

1) I have written some code containing a QSplitter, 2 QListViews, and
a QStatusBar.  The QSplitter and the QStatusBar are then placed into a
QVBox. This works great until I resize the window, and then the
StatusBar starts to increase in height. I've been reading up on
sizeHints, but haven't found an example I understand yet.

2) I tried the above with a QVBoxLayout and using addWidget (so I
could use the  sizing hints in the call). However, I can't set the
QVBoxLayout object as the QApp.CentralWidget(). What am I missing
here?

Thank you very much for any assistance.

BTW: I showed what I have accomplished so far to some friends at work
and their response was "You were able to all that in that tiny bit of
code!" I thought that was wonderful.

--
Stand Fast,
    tjg.