[PyKDE] eric3 UI - font for editor?

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Wed Sep 8 12:55:42 BST 2004

Am Freitag, 27. August 2004 15:18 schrieb Alan Ezust:
> Hi - I just installed 3.4.2 on a laptop and wanted to change the font used
> for the main editor window.  I went into
> settings->preferences->editor->style and set the font for "monospaced font"
> there.
>
> The change did not take effect in the editor, however.
>
> from the editor window, I tried context menu->use monospaced font
> and it then changed the font for that particular file/buffer, to the font I
> chose, but I had to select that option for each buffer.
>
> How do I set "use monospaced font" for every editor window/buffer in eric3?

Usually you configure the fonts and colors of the various lexers under
Editor->Source. Eric3 autodetects the file type upon open and uses the right
highlighter. The monospaced font cannot be set as a default for all editors
in 3.4.2 but this will be possible in the 3.5 release.

Detlev
--
Detlev Offenbach
detlev at die-offenbachs.de