[PyKDE] Debian Sarge Install

Cousin Stanley CousinStanley at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 11 03:12:40 BST 2004

Greetings ....

    I've installed  PyQt  for  Python2.3 and am now interested
    in installing  PyKDE  under Linux/Debian/Sarge,
    but only found a package for the Debian/Sid version
    after quite a bit of searching ....

    Is there a  PyKDE  package available for Debian/Sarge ?

    Although I'm a relative Linux newbie,
    I considered  trying to build  PyKDE  from the sources
    and downloaded   PyKDE-3.11.3  to try my luck ....

    The  configure.py  script in the source directory
    aborts by design when trying to  import pyqtconfig.py
    since I don't have this file ....

    One of the PyQt docs indicates that the  pyqtconfig.py   file
    should be generated if PyQt was built from source,
    but I installed PyQt from a Debian package  and don't have it,
    although I do have the other  sipconfig.py  script  that is also
    imported from configure.py  ....

    Assuming all other dependencies are met,
    If I can locate a copy of the missing  pyqtconfig.py  file,
    will this lead to a successful  PyKDE  build
    under Debian/Sarge ?

    Any clues or information would be greatly appreciated ....

--
Cousin Stanley
Human Being