[PyKDE] Idle thoughts on Python and KWin

Peter Clark peter-clark at bethel.edu
Sat Sep 11 16:11:42 BST 2004

 I'm in the middle of writing v.0.2 of the Fahrenheit window decoration for
KDE, and remembering how much I dislike programming in C++. Even when I know
how to do something (which is not often), it's no fun. It would be so much
nicer if it could be done in PyKDE. But I don't know how possible that would
be, since KWin themes need to be shared object files (as far as I know). Has
anyone tried this? How would a window decoration written in PyKDE interact
with KWin? Would the performance costs make it a waste of time?
 As I said, idle thoughts, but it would be interesting if someone had some
insight into them.
 :Peter