[PyKDE] ANN: SIP v4.1rc1 Released

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk
Tue Sep 14 09:00:23 BST 2004

SIP v4.1rc1 has been released and is available at the usual place.

Changes include...

Added the cast() method to the sip module.
Added limited support for protected classes.
Added the /Abstract/ class annotation.
Added support for typedefs that define pointers to functions.
The SIP_PYCALLABLE type now supports the /AllowNone/ annotation.
Added support for MSVC.NET to the build system.

...plus bug fixes.

There have been changes to the way virtual methods are handled, which is why
this is just a release candidate. I don't anticipate problems, but I'd
appreciate it if as many people as possible would sanity check it. Install
this release, re-build PyQt (and PyKDE), and check your favourite
applications still works.