[PyKDE] QWidgetFactory question.

Ian Reinhart Geiser geiseri at kde.org
Tue Sep 14 19:31:10 BST 2004

Phil Thompson said:
> On Tuesday 14 September 2004 6:31 pm, Roberto Alsina wrote:
>> > Greetings,
>> > We are using QWidgetFactory in C++ to load widget plugins and
>> manipulate
>>
>> them via slots, and properties.  We would like to do the same thing
>> under
>>
>> > PyQt.  I cannot seem to find a good example of how to access Qt
>>
>> properties
>>
>> > from PyQt.  Would anyone have any pointers?
>> >
>> > Cheers
>> >    -ian reinhart geiser
>>
>> A few days ago, Gustavo Barbieri wrapped QWidgetFactory :-)
>
> QWidgetFactory was wrapped about 18 months ago. What Gustavo did was to
> provide additional code that would make connections to Python callables
> made
> in designer - something that QWidgetFactory cannot do.

This is a very useful feature.  We have this in KJSEmbed, and it makes
working with UI generated files easier from scripts.

> PyQt does not provide any support for Qt properties other than
> QObject.setProperty() and QObject.property(). I can easily wrap
> QMetaObject
> and QMetaProperty (they've been on the TODO list for a while, but nobody
> has
> been clamouring for them) if it helps.
/me bangs some pots and pans together ;)

This is not a showstopper if i have setProperty and property for now, but
that patch from Gustavo looks like something that would be very cool.

Ill keep watching the progress of this =)

cheers
   -ian reinhart geiser

+-Ian Reinhart Geiser geiseri at sourcextreme.com
+-Vice President of Engineering
+-http://www.sourcextreme.com
+-It's not that we don't make mistakes, we just don't keep them around.