[PyKDE] A few minor (but irritating :) ) editor bugs in Eric 3.4.2

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at rogers.com
Thu Sep 16 22:15:09 BST 2004

More info, and one correction:

Mike C. Fletcher wrote:

> .ebuild for Gentoo with KDE 3.3/Xorg-X11 on an AMD64 native build.

Was wrong about the KDE version, it's KDE 3.2.2, I'll try compiling KDE
3.2.3 this evening to see if that helps.

> 1) Arrow-key-after select+(ctrl-c) does not clear the selection and
> does not move the cursor (silently swallowed).
>
>    To reproduce, select a line or two of text and hit ctrl-c to copy
>    it.  Now, hit down or up arrow.  About 1 time on 10 this will *not*
>    clear the selection.  I haven't been able to isolate the conditions
>    under which it doesn't work, will keep playing with it to see if I
> can.

Okay, to reproduce, hold down shift while moving arrows to select text.
While still holding down the shift-key, press the ctrl to start hitting
ctrl-c, release the shift-key and press c.  Result is that the selection
is not copied, and the first arrow-key movement afterward is swallowed.
Looks as though something is incorrectly tracking shift/ctrl state
resulting in a rather touchy editing mechanism where one hand getting a
little faster than the other results in a complete failure of the
operation (with select-and-cut/copy being a rather common operation for
a programmer's editor).

Enjoy yourselves,
Mike

  Mike C. Fletcher