[PyKDE] A few minor (but irritating :) ) editor bugs in Eric 3.4.2

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Fri Sep 17 17:17:37 BST 2004

Am Donnerstag, 16. September 2004 21:57 schrieb Mike C. Fletcher:
> Hi all,
>
> Once again trying to make Eric my primary working environment (as part
> of switching from Windows+PythonWin to Linux), and have run into 2 bugs
> that tend to make it very frustrating to work in the source-code
> editor.  I'm using the Eric 3.4.2 .ebuild for Gentoo with KDE
> 3.3/Xorg-X11 on an AMD64 native build.
>
> 1) Arrow-key-after select+(ctrl-c) does not clear the selection and does
> not move the cursor (silently swallowed).
>
>     To reproduce, select a line or two of text and hit ctrl-c to copy
>     it.  Now, hit down or up arrow.  About 1 time on 10 this will *not*
>     clear the selection.  I haven't been able to isolate the conditions
>     under which it doesn't work, will keep playing with it to see if I can.

That works ok over here (latest snapshot of eric, QScintilla and PyQt.

> 2) ctrl-shift-arrow "sticks" for one key-press
>
>     To reproduce, press and hold ctrl+shift, then press left/right
>     arrow, it will require two presses of the arrow key to start the
>     selection, rather than one.  i.e. the first arrow-key press has no
>     visible effect, while it should be selecting to the next word boundary.

That one works as well.

> Oh, and a few other notes:
>
>     * I somehow wound up with a '~' directory in my home directory, I
>       believe from specifying a CVS checkout directory as ~/pylive or
>       something like that.  With that directory present Eric got into
>       some weird mode where it was just plain flaky, would let me try to
>       open projects and then hang, that kind of thing.  Not a big deal,
>       I'm sure lots of programs would flake out in that situation, but
>       IIGuessC it was Eric that created the situation (somehow, I didn't
>       really notice it had been done until Eric started flaking out)

'~' is a Shell expansion sequence. So far eric doesn't support any of these
and passed it straight through to the cvs executable, which in turn created
this weird directory.

>     * It would be very helpful if the CVS project-definition page would
>       remember CVSROOTs that have been entered previously, it's tedious
>       typing them in each time you want to check out a project from your
>       CVS server.

How often do you do a checkout of a project from your repository? However, I
can add this to the wishlist.

Regards,
Detlev
--