[PyKDE] PyKDE components

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Sun Sep 19 17:53:25 BST 2004

I've uploaded an interim release of some PyKDE components. I don't have a
lot of time to work on these, so getting them out into the wild seems like
a fairly good idea at the moment.

The package now includes a version of libpythonize but no longer provides
any support for panel applets or Control Centre modules. These are either
supported by other developers or in some sort of limbo. ;-)

You can find the archive here:

http://www.boddie.org.uk/david/Projects/Python/KDE/Software/pykde-components-2004-09-18.tar.bz2

Note that you may experience some peculiar problems if you actually manage
to get any of the KPart plugins to work with Konqueror. I think that if I
worked out why ordinary KParts don't work then I'd probably be able to fix
these problems, too. In the meantime, they usually work, but can cause the
browser to crash. :-(

Once you unpack the archive, you're pretty much on your own. I can try to
give helpful advice, but I'm hoping that someone will try and bring the
configuration and installation tools into line with the other PyQt/PyKDE
installation scripts and generally take over development.

Good luck!

David

Signup at www.doteasy.com