[PyKDE] PyKDE can't find lbitqt-mt in installion

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Wed Sep 22 17:42:26 BST 2004

On Wednesday 22 September 2004 00:37, arkar kyaw win wrote:
> Hi
>    My name is arkar and I am trying to install PyKDE .I had sucess
> with sip and PyQT but when I intall PyKDE it show this error that
> PyKDE need libqt-mt to install .PyKDE configure script can find my
> sip and PyQT and QTDIR but it fail to find the libqt-mt .When I check
> the QT folder ,I can find the libqt-mt but my database search program
> found the libqt-mt in /usr/lib/qt-3.3.2 instance of /usr/lib/qt so I
> recomplie the sip and PyQT after changing my QTDIR variable .I manage
> to install them with new
> QTDIR and it recongise but still when I try to instll pyKDE it still
> shown the same error but with differenc QTDIR .I know that this
> properly a very stupid newbie question but I can't seen to find any
> answer in mail archive .So please tell me what to do;
> Here is the output file from the shell I try to install
>  PyKDE version 3.11.3
>            -------
>
> Python include directory is /usr/include/python2.3
> Python version is 2.3.4
>
> sip version is 4.1 (4.1.0)
>
> Qt directory is /usr/lib/qt-3.3.2/
> Qt version is 3.3.2
>
> PyQt directory is /usr/share/sip
> PyQt version is 3.12 (3.12.0)
>
> Error: PyKDE requires a threaded Qt version (libqt-mt)
>
> If reporting errors, paste all of the output above into your
> message and post to the PyKDE mailing list at:
>
>      mailto:    PyKDE at mats.imk.fraunhofer.de
>
> You can redirect the output into a file (> output.txt) if needed
> ps:I use slackware 10 and install them from source code.
> Hope to solve the problem soon!!
> thanks!!

When you build sip, you need to specify the Qt lib to be used:

    sip -lqt-mt

PyKDE doesn't look for libqt or libqt-mt - it uses information collected when
sip and PyQt are built to locate the Qt libs. PyKDE will not work if PyQt and
sip were built using libqt instead of libqt-mt.

If you rebuild sip and PyQt using the switch for sip shown above, PyKDE should
also build.

Jim