[PyKDE] Can't compile PyQt 3.12 using SIP 4.1

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at serpentine.com
Wed Sep 22 21:38:16 BST 2004

I'm trying to configure PyQt 3.12 with SIP 4.1 on a Fedora Core 2
system, and having no success.

I have SIP built, configured, and installed in the normal way, without
any problems (using configure.py -l qt-mt).  Here's how I'm trying to
configure PyQt:

        $ echo yes | python configure.py
        [...lots of normal-looking output...]
        Generating the C++ source for the qt module...
        sip: sip/qt/qtmod.sip:23: syntax error
        Error: Unable to create the C++ code.

A Google search turned up a brief thread from July with the exact same
error, but the thread didn't come to a useful conclusion.

        $ python
        Python 2.3.3 (#1, May  7 2004, 10:31:40)
        [GCC 3.3.3 20040412 (Red Hat Linux 3.3.3-7)] on linux2
        >>> import sipconfig
        >>> sipconfig._pkg_config['sip_version_str']
        '4.1'

I'm sure I have the right version of SIP installed, and I don't seem to
have any breadcrumbs from older versions of SIP left on my system.

I don't have PYTHONPATH set at all, and I don't have LD_LIBRARY_PATH
set.

This is quite baffling.  Can anyone help, please?

	<b