[PyKDE] Eric: another DTD-reference error pops up

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at rogers.com
Sat Sep 25 21:39:45 BST 2004

Torsten Marek wrote:

> eric sets the paths for the dtds itself.

I have an eric3config.py file that points to the correct directory:

mcfletch at raistlin:~/pylive$ cat eric3config.py
# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-
#
# This module contains the configuration of the individual eric installation
#

_pkg_config = {
    'ericDir'         : '/home/mcfletch/pylive/eric3',
    'ericPixDir'      : '/home/mcfletch/pylive/eric3/pixmaps',
    'ericIconDir'     : '/home/mcfletch/pylive/eric3/icons',
    'ericDTDDir'      : '/home/mcfletch/pylive/eric3/DTDs',
    'ericDocDir'      : '/home/mcfletch/pylive/eric3/Documentation',
    'ericExamplesDir' : '/home/mcfletch/pylive/eric3/Examples',
    'bindir'          : '/usr/local/bin',
    'mdir'            : '/home/mcfletch/pylive/',
}

> If you installed eric via the scripts,
> this is /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/eric3/DTDs, the function is in
> XML/XMLEntityResolver. It somehow strikes me that there is no "DTDs"
> in the
> path, which might be a sign for the custom resolver not being called.

Hmm, I did use the scripts to install the snapshot (since there's no
ebuild for the snapshot), but it's possible that specifying a
non-default installation directory caused a problem.  That is, for me
the DTDs are stored in:

    /home/mcfletch/pylive/eric3/DTDs/

since I didn't want to install Eric into the portage-managed
site-packages directory.  Should have mentioned it earlier, but didn't
remember I'd done so until reading your post.

I'm not really sure which "path" you're referring to for not having
"DTDs" in it (the system ID?).  If I'm reading the XMLEntityResolver
stuff correctly, it's automatically adding DTDs to the path (aside:
shouldn't it be using the value set in eric3config.py instead of
constructing it this way?)  Can't get it to print out a debug message to
say what Utilities.getEricDir() returns, for some reason, which might
support the idea that it's not getting used (i.e. a print statement
doesn't show up in the log viewer).

Enjoy,
Mike

  Mike C. Fletcher