[PyKDE] Problems with QScintilla

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at rogers.com
Sun Sep 26 22:10:48 BST 2004

Here's one working (modulo a problem with XML entity resolution that
still lets the main functionality work) configuration from an AMD64
Gentoo machine (works with 3.4.2 eric or yesterday's snapshot):

mcfletch at raistlin:~$ emerge -pv eric qscintilla PyQt sip qt

Calculating dependencies ...done!
[ebuild  N    ] dev-util/eric-3.4.2  -idl 0 kB
[ebuild   R   ] dev-python/qscintilla-1.60  -doc 0 kB
[ebuild   R   ] dev-python/PyQt-3.12  -doc 0 kB
[ebuild   R   ] dev-python/sip-4.0.1  -doc 0 kB
[ebuild   R   ] x11-libs/qt-3.3.3-r1  -cups -debug -doc (-firebird) +gif
(-icc) -immqt -immqt-bc -ipv6 +mysql -nas -odbc +opengl +postgres
-sqlite -xinerama +zlib 0 kB

which is obtained with these package listings in packages.keywords:

    x11-libs/qt ~amd64
    dev-util/eric ~amd64
    dev-lang/python ~amd64
    (as well as marking KDE and xorg ~amd64, but those aren't like to be
a factor).

I assume you've already done an:
    emerge -avuD eric
to have it choose usable versions for everything.

Good luck,
Mike

Timothy Grant wrote:

>Howdy,
>
>been trying to get eric running on my Gentoo box and am having
>difficulties. I even went so far as to unmerge every PyQt related
>(sip, PyQt, and QScintilla). and re-emerge them.

  Mike C. Fletcher
  Designer, VR Plumber, Coder
  http://www.vrplumber.com
  http://blog.vrplumber.com