[PyKDE] Eric3: Am I missing something about adding directories?

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at rogers.com
Mon Sep 27 23:32:25 BST 2004

Detlev Offenbach wrote:

>The "Add directory" of the others tab marks the directory as being under
>project control. Everything inside this directory is implicitly part of the
>project just by being inside this directory. The red entries of the others
>browser are the entries, which are under direct project control and can be
>removed/deleted from the project. Once a resource is under version control,
>these two entries are inactive and you can delete a file/directory via the
>respective menu entry of the VCS part of the context menu. Due to the fact,
>that this goes through the VCS (cvs or svn) it will even remove black
>entries. This might be inconsistent, but I left it in.

Okay, I think I understand the purpose of add directory now. I'll play
around with it this evening as I work to make sure.  I gather there's no
way to do a recursive add of, jpg or gif or HTML or XML, files directly
to the project (as "source" files), then?  That is, the intended working
process is to add the whole directory and use the "others" tab to work
with them (what about when they are in the same directory as regular
source files)?

Oh, and stupid question, any way to remove a directly-managed project
file without removing it from the VCS (for all the individually added
files I've now got duplicating directory-managed ones).  I assume I can
just open the e3p file and remove them, just wondering if there's a
UI-based way.

Thanks for the clarification,
Mike

  Mike C. Fletcher