[PyKDE] ListBoxItems are invisible

John Ridley ojokimu at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Apr 3 04:03:16 BST 2005

--- Phil Thompson <phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk> wrote:
> On Wednesday 30 March 2005 9:38 am, Giovanni Bajo wrote:
> > Jeffrey Barish <jeff_barish at earthlink.net> wrote:
> > > So why don't I see anything with the code as shown?  Is
> > > there a way to make the text visible when I put it in a
> QListBoxItem?
> >
> > QListBoxItem is an abstract base class, you should be using
> > QListBoxItemText. In fact, I'm not sure why PyQt lets you
> instantiate it,
> > it could be a bug in PyQt.
>
> Rather, a bug in SIP - now fixed.

I'm a bit puzzled by this. Does this mean that being able to create
QButton, QLayout, QCanvasItem and other such abstract base classes is
also a bug in SIP? And if not, what is special about QListBoxItem?

As far as I can see from the Qt documentation, it should be possible to
create a custom QListBoxItem by reimplementing the paint(), height()
and width() members. Does this "fix" imply that this sort of thing is
not possible in PyQt?

John Ridley