[PyKDE] Toolkit and stuff for KDE application developers

Simon Edwards simon at simonzone.com
Sun Apr 24 18:47:34 BST 2005

Hi,

On Sunday 24 April 2005 11:07, Detlev Offenbach wrote:
> this is a good idea and having browsed through the docs I think that is a
> very
> useful package. However, where can I get it

I'm still kind of putting it together. Most of the functionality is there, but
there are some things I still have to add (like automatically converting .ui
files to .py at install time).

Are you planning to integrate this stuff with Eric3?

> and can it (or parts of it) be
> used for pure Qt programs as well?

Most of the setup.py stuff is KDE specific. The Qt-designer stuff is also KDE
specific, but that can be easily fixed. To be honest I don't really know what
the installation requirements are for Qt programs. I'm refering to things
like paths, docs and other things.

Concerning Qt programs, what would be cool is if someone could compile and
package up the native GPL Qt port and PyQt on Win32, and slap a user friendly
installer on top of it all. http://www.diotavelli.net/PyQtWiki/GPLPyQtWindows
The setup.py stuff should then be extended for Qt apps, so that it works on
*nix correctly, but also uses a graphical installer on Win32. A cross
platform "application template" would be awesome.

Seriously, is there anyone out there who wants to do this? I don't have the
time or knowledge of windows to really do this myself.

cheers,

--
Simon Edwards             | Guarddog Firewall
simon at simonzone.com       | http://www.simonzone.com/software/