[PyKDE] A few minor sip issues

Gerard Vermeulen gerard.vermeulen at grenoble.cnrs.fr
Fri Apr 29 05:04:04 BST 2005

Phil,

(1) /Abstract/ and protected pure virtual member functions.  SIP does not recognize
    a C++ class as abstract which is abstract only because of a **protected** pure
    virtual member function.  I still need to use the /Abstract/ annotation.

    There is a typo in the docs for Abstract:
    "This boolean annotation is used specify .." must become
                            ".. used to specify .."

(2) siplib's "list index out of range" is rather specific as exception text:

>>> import coin3d
>>> print coin3d.SbVec2s()[2]
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
IndexError: list index out of range

   My first reaction was: "what list?". I am getting used to it, but
   "index out of range" is more general.

Gerard