[PyKDE] raiseW() not raising window anymore?

Ken Godee ken at perfect-image.com
Fri Aug 12 05:40:42 BST 2005

Problem came about after system install/upgrade, to.....

CentOS 3.5, KDE 3.4.1, Qt 3.3.4, PyQt 3.14.1
sip 3.11, python 2.2.3, xfce 4.0.6

I have a "modeless" dialog that has a button that when
clicked raises (used to) the applications main window
also leaving the dialog open but now under, (but still
part visible).

using "mainwin.raiseW()"

raiseW() doen't seem to work anymore.

Focus/active window can change back and forth
from main window to dialog, but the dialog "Stays on Top"
of "any" and all windows always, active or not.

lowerW() doesn't work on dialog either.

Googled to death, only found one previous post that
had this same problem and it was "Detlev" back on 05/15/2004.

The post had one reply that talked about kde's "Focus Stealing
Prevention Levels" that might be screwing things up. No reply on wether
the issue was every solved. I messed with the Focus Stealing Prevention
Levels of kde, but nothing seemed to help.

Any ideas????