[PyKDE] PyQt4 Update

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Sat Dec 3 18:56:03 GMT 2005

On Saturday 3rd December, Phil Thompson wrote:
> On Saturday 03 December 2005 5:35 pm, David Boddie wrote:

> > I've been looking at the examples in the "widgets" subdirectory, and
> > converting them in alphabetical order. One issue that's arisen so far is
> > that the QComboBox wrapper is missing a clear() slot.
>
> QComboBox::clear() is marked as internal in the Qt source code. Is that
> correct?

It was incorrectly marked as internal in the documentation for Qt 4.0.0,
but that was a mistake which was later corrected in Qt 4.0.1.

> > I expect I'll find some interesting issues with the "itemviews" examples.
> > For example, I played with the classes interactively and found that
> > QStringListModel appears to be wrapped as an abstract class.
>
> That will be fixed in the next snapshot.

Cool.

> > There also seemed to be some problems with the default implementations of
> > methods in QAbstractListModel subclasses, but I'll have to explore that
> > later.

Just to clarify: subclasses of QAbstractListModel that don't reimplement
columnCount() should automatically inherit the base class's behaviour and
return 1. It seems that the inheritance mechanism wasn't working correctly
for these classes, possibly because QAbstractListModel implements
columnCount() as a private function. I don't know how SIP deals with this.

David