[PyKDE] Seperating logic code from gui code?

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Thu Dec 15 22:50:58 GMT 2005

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005, Arthur Pemberton wrote:

> I am new to Qt programming and PyQt. I am attempting to build a client for
> AllofMp3.com, I already have most of the logic code down. But now I want to
> build a GUI with PyQt. What rules should I follow to make the program
> useable in the console, but also with a GUI?

It depends on how the client is supposed to work. Will you run it each
time you want to interact with the server, or will you use it interactively?
Do you want to implement different behaviour for the GUI version to that
provided by the console version?

If you can give us a better idea of the architecture/logic, we can suggest
ways to "wrap up" the console behaviour in a GUI, or other techniques to
keep the logic separate from the GUI code.

David