[PyKDE] Splitting windows

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Tue Feb 1 20:19:23 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 01 February 2005 18:50, Detlev Offenbach wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 1. Februar 2005 11:13 schrieb Jul:
> > Hi Detlev,
> >
> > Splitting view seems not working correctly for me.
> > - Open eric
> > - Open 2 python files
> > - Split the view in two horizontal parts
> >
> > There, it is pity that the two files still in the same half
> > of the splitted window. But actually, this is not a bug.
> >
> > - Try to unsplit windows
> >
> > There, my two files are suddently closed. If modified, I'm
> > asked if I want to save before.
> >
> > I'm still working with 3.6.1 version there.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > ++
> > Jul.
>
> That is the correct behaviour. To do what you intend, follow these
> steps.
>
> Open file 1
> Split the view
> Click in the (empty) view to give it the focus
> Open file 2
> Editor for file 2 will show in the second view
>
> When you "Remove split", the view that has the focus will get
> closed.

..while there's no visual indication, which view the focus currently
has, unfortunately..

Also, it would be nice to be able to split the view on the same file
too, but I know, that would be qscintillas business <wink to Phil>..
Don't get me wrong, eric still rules my python projects, but that is
one on of those reasons, where I find myself inside vim from time to
time. Another is, while I want tab expansion for python scripts, in
my Makefiles, it's a pretty bad idea :-(.

Cheers,
Pete