[PyKDE] Splitting windows

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Wed Feb 2 18:28:19 GMT 2005

Am Dienstag, 1. Februar 2005 23:10 schrieb bdw:
> On Tue Feb 1 2005 21:19 -- Hans-Peter Jansen <hpj at urpla.net> wrote:
> > Also, it would be nice to be able to split the view on the same file
> > too, but I know, that would be qscintillas business ...
>
> Actually, it has been possible to create multiple views of the same
> document in QScintilla for quite some time using its low-level API.
>
> And more recent versions include the QextScintillaDocument class which
> provides similar functionality for the high-level API.
>
> So, we should also see it soon in eric, no? <wink to Detlev>

This has been in since quite some time. Hint: Select context menu of an editor
and select 'New view'. This opens a new view with the same document in the
active split. It even synchronizes breakpoints, bookmarks, ... between all
open instances of the same document. <wink to all who haven't seen this>

Detlev
--
Detlev Offenbach
detlev at die-offenbachs.de