[PyKDE] Providing DCOP methods

Paul Giannaros ceruleanblaze at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 01:29:11 GMT 2005

Hey
I've been looking for information on connecting to DCOP and providing methods
accessible over DCOP.
I take it from what i've read in the mailing list archives and from what docs
I could find on the subject such functionality is not available in pyKDE?
More specifically, is there a way to do it given what pyKDE gives you? No
having to resort to writing a C++ wrapper around the DCOPObject class, etc..

You can do this kind of thing via dcoppython but for it to work it creates its
own KApplication. I was thinking about trying to use that KApplication it
creates (as you cannot have two QApplication instances) and re-using it for
the rest of my application but unfortunately the KApplication object it
creates is not accessible via pcop.so in any way.

Thanks for your time,
Paul

--
Python KOffice module maintainer, KTTSD developer