[PyKDE] PyKDE snapshot for KDE 3.3.2/recent sip

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Tue Jan 4 05:42:14 GMT 2005

I've just sent a PyKDE snapshot (PyKDE-snapshot20050103.tar.gz) to Phil for
posting at riverbankcomputing.co.uk. It should end up at:

http://www.river-bank.demon.co.uk/download/snapshots/PyKDE/

This PyKDE snapshot will build against the most recent sip and PyQt snapshots
as well as the forthcoming sip 4.2. It also is updated for KDE 3.3.2.

I haven't tested it much, but there are no major changes to anything for sip
or KDE. configure.py has been changed so that PyKDE should build against KDE
3.3.3 if such a thing is released, and probably KDE 3.4 if that's released
(4.0 will of course be a different story in all likelihood). Of course this
version of PyKDE won't include any new methods that might be added to KDE
3.3.3 or 3.4, but those are likely to be few. Docs will be updated for the
next snapshot.

The snapshot should be perfectly stable (although it is a snapshot to find out
if that's really true). The only stuff that's needed for a final release is
some fixes/enhancements in response to some of the msgs on this list over the
last few months - I've picked up some stuff, but not everything yet. Feel
free to let me know if what you're looking for is missing - I'll probably be
doing snapshots once or twice a week for a while. If you don't let me know,
I'll prioritize by what's either a) easy or b) interesting to me.

I'm not sure how soon Phil will get the snapshot up on his site - might be a
few days if he's away, so watch for it.

Jim