[PyKDE] PyQt + kde-cygwin Qt 3.3.3 success!

James Lamanna jlamanna at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 01:38:34 GMT 2005

I've successfully built PyQt against the kde-cygwin native port of Qt
3.3.3 to Windows.
The native port is available at http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net
It compiled easily for me using the MSVC.NET instructions found here:
http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net/qt3-win32/compile-net.php
They also have compile instructions for Borland, MinGW and MSVC 6.0.

In order to get PyQt to build I had to make some slight modifications.
My patches to SIP 4.1.1 and PyQt 3.13-x11 are attached.
The SIP patch fixes a problem where the kde-cygin distribution
generates qt-mt3.lib whereas SIP normally expects qt-mt333.lib
The PyQt patch adds in some missing types.

In the tests I have run so far, it seems to work great!

-- James Lamanna