[PyKDE] Constantly increasing memory usage in (some) PyQt applications

Umit Oztosun umit at liqia.com
Fri Jan 14 23:59:11 GMT 2005

On Friday 14 January 2005 15:56, Phil Thompson wrote:
> The current SIP v4 snapshot contains a fix for a memory leak, however
> it (SIP, not the fix) causes eric problems at the moment. If you can
> produce a small example that appears to demonstrate a leak then I'll
> look at it.
>
> Phil

My tests showed that the probable cause of the leak is an overriden
paintCell() method in a QTable derived widget (in my own code). I tried
to trim down the method, just to be sure that I'm doing everything
right an not causing a leak by myself.

It seems similar to a problem discussed here before:
http://www.mail-archive.com/pykde@mats.imk.fraunhofer.de/msg03722.html

I'll try to build SIP and PyQt by using latest snapshot and repeat the
tests again, then I may be able to produce a concrete example code.

Thanks for your help,
Umit OZTOSUN