[PyKDE] QtService binding to python

NVSTRAM at netscape.net NVSTRAM at netscape.net
Mon Jan 24 19:50:25 GMT 2005

Hello all

I'm trying to use QtService (from QtSolutions) class with python.

When I run the script 'configure.py', I received the following errors:

[X:\PyQt-commercial-3.13]python configure.py
This is the commercial version of PyQt 3.13 (licensed under the PyQt Commercial
License) for Python 2.3.3 on win32.
Found the license file pyqt-commercial.sip.
SIP 4.1.1 is being used.
Checking to see if the qtcanvas module should be built...
Checking to see if the QAssistantClient class is available...
The PyQt modules will be installed in C:\bin\Python23\Lib\site-packages.
The PyQt .sip files will be installed in C:\bin\Python23\sip.
pyuic will be installed in C:\bin\Python23.
pylupdate will be installed in C:\bin\Python23.
Generating the C++ source for the qt module...
sip: sip/qt/qtservice.sip:24: syntax error
Error: Unable to create the C++ code.

The line number 24 from sip/qt/qtservice.sip is:
int parseArguments(SIP_PYLIST) /PostHook=__pyQtQAppHook__/ [(int,char **)];

The respective original c++ source code (qtservice.h) is:
int parseArguments( int argc, char **argv );

How can I solve this problem?

Here's my system:
python 2.3.3 | WinXP | PyQt-win-commercial-3.13 | sip-4.1.1 | Qt-3.3.3-enterprise

Thanks much for any help,
NVSTRAM

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.