[PyKDE] Bug with creating new files...

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at rogers.com
Thu Jan 27 04:50:24 GMT 2005

I'm on Gentoo w/ KDE 3.3.2, SIP 4.1.1, PyQt 3.13 using Eric 3.6.0 and am
noticing this behaviour:

    * Open Eric
    * Create a new document, enter some text
    * Attempt to save using any save mechanism (menu, keyboard shortcut,
      closing the IDE and letting it ask)
    * The filename to save is queried using the file dialog
    * On clicking okay, nothing happens
          o Control returns to the editor
          o Filename in the title bar has not changed
          o File has not been saved to disk

Same effect when there's an open project.  Anyone else seeing this?  Or
have I karked my setup somehow?  I wound up having to delete a previous
eric3config.py on my path in order to get the ebuild version to run, but
if my understanding is correct, the values are correct in the version
that replaced it (they point to the proper DTD directory, for instance).

Thoughts appreciated,
Mike

  Mike C. Fletcher
  Designer, VR Plumber, Coder