[PyKDE] Supported architectures?

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Mon Jan 31 14:33:44 GMT 2005

Am Montag, 31. Januar 2005 14:48 schrieb Mike C. Fletcher:
> Danny Pansters wrote:
>
> >So I was wondering, are there any archs other than i386 formally
> > supported? I noticed that for alpha and many others no Linux distribution
> > provides any binary packages. I noticed that Gentoo supports ppc and x86
> > (which is I guess also ia64 and amd64?).
>
> amd64 is considered a different architecture on Gentoo (it implies a
> native 64-bit architecture, not 32-bit mode).  Eric runs properly from
> ebuilds on Gentoo amd64 (it's where I use it), and since Detlev is good
> at answering my questions about it I guess it's a supported platform :)
> .  As to formally, only Detlev could answer that.
>
> HTH,
> Mike

I am developing eric3 on an i686 machine. However, it should work on all
systems, that have a supported PyQt. I got reports of success for the
following platforms

Linux on i686 and amd64
Mac OSX
Windows (natively)
Windows with cygwin

However, due to the fact that I can only test eric3 on Linux i686, that one is
the official platform.

Regards,
Detlev
--