[PyKDE] Problem with latest sip snapshots

Ulrich Berning ulrich.berning at t-online.de
Tue Jul 5 23:58:44 BST 2005

Phil Thompson schrieb:

>On Monday 04 July 2005 12:42 pm, Ulrich Berning wrote:
>

>>Starting with sip-snapshot-20050630 calling style() on a QApplication or
>>QWidget instance cause a crash on Windows and an endless loop on Linux.
>>On AIX, HP-UX and IRIX, it doesn't crash or hang, but I guess there must
>>be a memory error somewhere in sip.
>>

>I can't reproduce it on Linux (20050703 snapshot), though I haven't tried it
>on Windows.
>
>Phil

After creating debug versions of Python, Qt, PyQt and sip, I have found
the bug. It is not in sip, it is in PyQt.
With PyQt-snapshot-20050630, you reimplemented the
%ConvertToSubClassCode for all QObjects.
In PyQt-snapshot-20050704/sip/qt/qobject.sip starting at line 346 the
value for the 'no' struct element must be 110 and not 111. An index
value of 111 points to the data after the graph[] array. It depends on
the current style and/or the current data after the array, if calling
style() on a QApplication or QWidget instance crashes or goes into an
endless loop or works without error.

Ulli