[PyKDE] Re: [Eric] How to use ipython ?

Nicolas Girard nicolas.girard at nerim.net
Wed Jun 1 12:33:44 BST 2005

On Tuesday 31 May 2005 18:59, Detlev Offenbach wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I haven't tried this and actually I don't see the need for it.

Actually the IPython feature I'm the most missing, if not the only one, is
completion. This is a valuable improvement over the standard python
interpreter, when in the implementation/testing phase ; that's why it made
sense to me to have IPython run "inside" a python IDE...

> IPython's
> features will most probably not show up in the Python shell of the IDE. The
> "Custom python interpreter" is meant to name a python interpreter to run
> the debugger client side.

I'm not sure I understood correctly : is the interpreter appearing at the
bottom of Eric the one that runs the debugger client side ?

Cheers,
Nicolas