[PyKDE] Cannot Install Eric3 -- SOLVED

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Jun 4 18:10:38 BST 2005

On Sat, 4 Jun 2005, Detlev Offenbach wrote:

> This usually means, that PyQt was not built with QScintilla support. As a
> quick test start Python and enter "import qtext". If this shows an
> exception (ImportError), the above statement proofs true, you should
> rebuild your software according to the eric3 README file or report a bug to
> the slackware maintainers.

Detlev,

    An update: I recompiled PyQt after telling the configurator (with the -n
and -o switches) to find qscintilla in /opt/qscintilla-1.62-gpl-1.5.2/qt/.
The configure step showed that qtext was scheduled to be built; no error
messages about not finding qextscintellaglobal.h.

    This time it worked. And, I understand why it did not work on the previous
build. The error message was that the one header file could not be located. I
made a sym link from the expected directory to the actual location. What the
error message didn't tell me is that the rest of those header and object
files were also required. Sigh.

    Eric3 built this time.

Many thanks,

Rich