[PyKDE] PyQt and sip: WId is undefined

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Fri Jun 10 22:21:01 BST 2005

I am trying to build PyQt-x11-gpl-3.14.1 on Darwin 7.9.0/Mac OS X.

configure.py fails with:

SIP 4.2.1 is being used.
Checking to see if the QAssistantClient class is available...
Creating features file...
Checking to see if the QCDEStyle class is built in...
Checking to see if the QInterlaceStyle class is built in...
Checking to see if the QMotifStyle class is built in...
Checking to see if the QMotifPlusStyle class is built in...
Checking to see if the QPlatinumStyle class is built in...
Checking to see if the QSGIStyle class is built in...
Checking to see if the QWindowsXPStyle class is built in...
Checking to see if the QWindowsStyle class is built in...
These PyQt modules will be built: qt.
Support for these Qt classes has been disabled: QInterlaceStyle
QWindowsXPStyle.
The PyQt modules will be installed in
/usr/pkg/lib/python2.4/site-packages.
The PyQt .sip files will be installed in /usr/pkg/share/sip2.4.
pyuic will be installed in /usr/pkg/bin.
pylupdate will be installed in /usr/pkg/bin.
Generating the C++ source for the qt module...
sip: WId is undefined
Error: Unable to create the C++ code

I found some postings from a year ago about "sip: WId is undefined"
but didn't seem to be related now.

How can I track down what file needs to have this defined?

I tried -w switch for configure but then got information like:

Checking to see if the QCDEStyle class is built in...
Checking to see if the QInterlaceStyle class is built in...
cfgtest.cpp: In function `int main(int, char**)':
cfgtest.cpp:5: error: parse error before `(' token
Checking to see if the QMotifStyle class is built in...
Checking to see if the QMotifPlusStyle class is built in...
Checking to see if the QPlatinumStyle class is built in...
Checking to see if the QSGIStyle class is built in...
Checking to see if the QWindowsXPStyle class is built in...
cfgtest.cpp:1:29: qwindowsxpstyle.h: No such file or directory
cfgtest.cpp: In function `int main(int, char**)':
cfgtest.cpp:5: error: parse error before `(' token
Checking to see if the QWindowsStyle class is built in...
These PyQt modules will be built: qt.
Support for these Qt classes has been disabled: QInterlaceStyle
QWindowsXPStyle.
The PyQt modules will be installed in
/usr/pkg/lib/python2.4/site-packages.
The PyQt .sip files will be installed in /usr/pkg/share/sip2.4.
pyuic will be installed in /usr/pkg/bin.
pylupdate will be installed in /usr/pkg/bin.
Generating the C++ source for the qt module...
sip: WId is undefined
Error: Unable to create the C++ code.

Maybe the above is related?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.