[PyKDE] problem with cyclic garbage collection and metaclasses

Giovanni Bajo rasky at develer.com
Mon Jun 13 18:52:03 BST 2005

Hello,

I have a problem with garbage collection with PyQt. It seems that cyclic
garbage collection works fine for most of my classes, but I have some leaks
when one of the classes in the cycle uses a metaclass which is not
sip.wrappertype (note: the custom metaclass of course derived from
sip.wrappertype and changes only one function, __call__).

I do not have a short testcase to demonstrate this but I was wondering if
this rings a bell.
--
Giovanni Bajo