[PyKDE] PyQt as a statically compiled shared library...

Giovanni Bajo rasky at develer.com
Wed Jun 15 18:20:50 BST 2005

Truls A. Tangstad <kerfue+pykde at herocamp.org> wrote:

> We have so far tested cxFreeze and McMillan installer.
> None of them
> could successfully package the libraries we used (lots of problems
> with undefined symbols in the result, together with lots of manual
> labour).

My personal experience is that McMillan Installer is far superior to py2exe
in all the projects I tried (which are many), especially in resolving
dependencies. It is also much more rich feature wise. I never tried it on
Linux, though, but I can't see why it should behave worse. I am also
preparing a page which collects a few patches and suggestions about
Installer, you can find it here but it's still work in progress:

http://www.develer.com/oss/PyInstaller
--
Giovanni Bajo