[PyKDE] eric3 installation problem

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Sun Jun 26 08:44:32 BST 2005

Am Sonntag, 26. Juni 2005 00:13 schrieb alex rait:
> Once I was able to run eric smoothly but now I get some strange error:
> bash-3.00$ python eric3.py
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "eric3.py", line 23, in ?
>     from Utilities import Startup
>   File "/home/alexrait/programs/eric-3.7.0/eric/Utilities/Startup.py", line
> 18, in ? import Preferences
>   File "/home/alexrait/programs/eric-3.7.0/eric/Preferences/__init__.py",
> line 24, in ? from qtext import QextScintilla
> ImportError: cannot import name QextScintilla
> bash-3.00$
>
> So I tried to run the import manually in python
> from qext import *
>
> and I get this:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
> RuntimeError: the sip module supports API v%u.0 to v%u.%u but the %s module
> requires API v%u.%u
>
> I don't know what's wrong here.... any help?

That usually means, that there are incompatible versions installed. The sip
version installed and the one used to build PyQt are incompatible. If you
have installed an update of one of the software packages (QScintilla, sip,
PyQt) lately, you might not have upgrade all of them.

However, this problem is in no way related to eric3 because it is written in
pure Python.

Detlev
--
Detlev Offenbach