[PyKDE] Latest PyKDE Snapshot

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Thu Jun 30 18:10:06 BST 2005

On Thursday 30 June 2005 04:24, Stephan Hermann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> what are the changes to last snapshot?
>
> Anyway, the changelog is not updated, and it's hard to determine the
> changes at all...
>
> can someone summarize the changes beginning from:
> shermann at shermann-laptop:~/kde/pykde$ less
> PyKDE-snapshot20050628/ChangeLog
>
> 2004/08/25 16:44:00 jim
> Released 3.11.3; added post-processing for WId args
> in KWinModule signals; fixed enum in khtml_part (for
> KDE >= 3.3); updated version numbers

Yeah - since I started running svn locally I haven't been maintaining the
ChangeLog very well.

There aren't too many changes since the last snapshot:

1. Added explicit private destructors in a few places as required by new sip
version

2. Fixed one sipConvertTo_ call that was in error (seems to have been a
long-standing bug that the compiler missed in previous versions - misnamed
function call)

3. Fixed dcop extensions/bytearray.sip to handle bool type for returned
results.

Prior to that, most of the changes were things required by sip (enum syntax,
for example),  changes in paths and other stuff related to the build system,
and a few minor bug fixes. Additionally, PyKDE has picked up any KDE changes
that occurred - the current snapshot should  have everything through KDE
3.4.1.

Other than incorporating any new KDE classes or methods, PyKDE has been fairly
static for the last year. I'm not aware of anything (at least anything that
wasn't changed in sip too, like enums)  that would break older code, although
there probably were a few bugs introduced that had to be repaired.

Jim