[PyKDE] PyKDE 20050305 snapshot

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Sat Mar 5 09:39:39 GMT 2005

The next PyKDE snapshot is complete - I'm just waiting for a compile check on
the tarball to finish. I probably won't send a copy to Phil until sometime
tomorrow.

This snapshot is actually the PyKDE 4.0.0 release, minus any bug fixes. The
changes from the last snapshot include:

1. KDE 3.4.0 support. This is generated and builds against KDE 3.4.0rc1. If
there are any significant changes after the official 3.4.0 release, I'll pick
those up in snapshots or point releases. If there aren't, this will probably
be the release version.

2. Add -L switch

3. Dropped all kjs module support.

4. Fixed contributed examples to conform to sip 4.2 enum usage.

5. kdefx now links in kdecore (needed for Solaris)

Docs are also updated to KDE 3.4.0.

This snapshot may not build against older KDE versions - I've only tested it
so far against KDE 3.3.x and 3.4.0rc1. I'll finish up testing it against 3.0,
3.1 and 3.2 before making it the final release.

This snapshot also may not build with sip 3 - haven't tested that either and
don't plan to, although I will still fix sip 3 bugs if reported. It builds
against the latest sip/PyQt snapshots.

If no other problems pop up, the snapshot should be up in a day or two.

Jim