[PyKDE] Problem having .ui files compiled from eric3 (was Re: Compiling .ui files from eric3)

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Tue Mar 8 14:28:04 GMT 2005

Am Montag, 7. März 2005 23:29 schrieb flupke:
> Detlev Offenbach wrote:
> >Am Montag, 7. März 2005 19:43 schrieb flupke:
> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>First of all thanks a lot for your work, I just installed eric3 this
> >>afternoon and really like the look & feel.
> >>
> >>I have a rather annoying problem : I can't find how to compile .ui files
> >>from the IDE and have to do it manually from the command line with pyuic.
> >>Is there a button somewhere that I missed ? Should it compile
> >>automagically when launching the main script and I miss some external
> >>utilities on my system ?
> >>
> >>The versions I use :
> >>Python 2.3.5
> >>Qt 3.3.3
> >>PyQt 3.13
> >>QScintilla 1.3
> >>Eric 3.6.2
> >>Bicycle Repair Man CVS-20041120
> >>
> >>On a debian testing system (installed eric3 and required libraries from
> >>apt ; also tried eric-snapshot-20050227 with no more luck).
> >>

> >>Thanks,
> >>flupke
> >
> >When you are talking about compiling a .ui file you are probably talking
> > about a little project involving several files. Once you create an eric3
> > project for your setup, the requested functionality is available in the
> > project forms browser. Even the automatic compilation feature is built
> > into it. But all this is related to a project.
> >
> >Detlev
>
> Yes exactly, wrong title for my problem I guess ; I will try to be more
> clear ;)
>
> So I made a small project, added two files to it : "main.py" creating a
> "Form" instance and "form.py" defining the "Form" class, subclassed from
> a "Formbase" class that I would like to be generated from a .ui file.
>
> I then added "formbase.ui" file to the project, defining a form named
> "Formbase".
>
> Now I see the "formbase.ui" file in the form browser, but I don't see no
> compile option for it in the interface or its context menu, and when I
> launch the script hitting F2, the .ui file is not compiled to produce a
> .py file.
> If I generate the .py "by hand" using pyuic, it works.
>
> Hope it makes sense, thanks for your help !
> flupke

This happens, if the environment variable QTDIR is not defined. As an
alternative you can configure the path to your Qt installation in the
configuration dialog Qt page. After a restart of the IDE, Qt related menu
entries (like compile form) should be available in the context menus of the
various project browser tabs.

Detlev
--
Detlev Offenbach