[PyKDE] Re: clone member function deleting object

Paul F. Kunz Paul_Kunz at slac.stanford.edu
Tue Mar 15 15:02:45 GMT 2005

> ...and it's virtual. I've eventually got it - I'm so used to
> thinking about extending Python with C++ that I hadn't appreciated
> properly that you are extending C++ with Python.

Yes, it works both ways.  In my environment, C++ does most of the work
that is standard.  In this case, C++ provides standard functions that
can be used for fitting to data like gaussian, quadratic, power-law,
etc, all derived from FunctionBase.  But the user sometimes needs a
custom function in which case he writes in Python.   As you say,
extending the C++ in Python.