[PyKDE] Eric3 Usability Questions / Feedback

Diez B. Roggisch deets at web.de
Tue Mar 15 16:21:12 GMT 2005

> 1. I create a new project and want to add a .ui form. What's the easiest
> way to do this?

> 2. What's the easiest way to create a new Python script and add it to the
> current project?

> 3. Is there any way to remove some of the toolbars? I can undock them, but
> can't seem to get rid of them.

I second all these remarks on the usability - they are my concerns too.

However I can see that point 1 is more complicated than it may seem, as
creating a ui file most certainly needs some initial setup like base-class
and name and so on, so that a dialog for that will resemble more or less the
qt-designer new-ui file dialog/wizard. Which shouldn't be too complicated for
simpler widgets, but the more elaborate wizards certainly take effort to
reproduce whilst having limited benefit (its not too often that one creates
an ui file compared to editing it)

Regards,

Diez