[PyKDE] PyKDE snapshot 20050316

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Wed Mar 16 16:50:55 GMT 2005

I'll be sending the next snapshot to Phil in a little while - it should be up
at http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/download/snapshots/PyKDE in the next
few days. It has the following changes from the previous snapshot:

1. Fixed case problem in configure.py distro check (Mandrake only)

2. fixed default value in KURL::cleanPath

3. added kkeyserver.h to extra/kde340 (KDE 3.4.0 only - interestingly, this
didn't fail for me until someone reported the bug here - is that some kind of
quantum effect?)

4. Added ConvertToSubclassCode blocks for kmdi, kutils - now QWidget based
objects in those modules will be "cast" to their actual type.

5. patch for DCOP line breaks

The "official" KDE 3.4.0 was released yesterday. My d/l died last night and
I'll be away tomorrow (Thursday in this part of the world), so if anyone has
a chance to build this against the new release and report success/problems,
I'd appreciate it. Otherwise, I'll probably get to it on the weekend or
after.

I'm not planning on a new release for the new KDE release - all of the new
methods, classes, changes, etc. should already be in the snapshot. The
snapshot will become PyKDE 4.0.0 around the end of next week or a little
after, barring any major bug reports. I also haven't tested this against KDE
< 3.3.0, so if anyone using earlier versions has any problems let me know
(I'll be testing 3.0/3.1/3.2 - probably latest of each - next week).

Jim