[PyKDE] "pure virtual method called"

Simon Edwards simon at simonzone.com
Sat Mar 26 11:43:36 GMT 2005

Hi,

On Saturday 26 March 2005 11:08, Phil Thompson wrote:
> On Saturday 26 March 2005 9:42 am, Simon Edwards wrote:
> > How can I go about debugging this?
> I'm not sure that you should as you are in danger of forking PyKDE and will
> end up with the KDE blessed version N that behaves differently to the
> regular version N.

I'm not interested in adding features to 4.0.x, but I am interested in 4.0.x
being bug free, and not breaking BC unless it is really necessary (moving to
4.1, 4.2 etc would probably break BC)

> As the bug has already been fixed in current versions of SIP, all I can
> suggest is to go through the ChangeLog and see if something rings a bell.

This seems to fit what I'm seeing:

2004/08/02 15:28:30 phil
 Mostly fixed a problem where a virtual handler without code was being used in
preference to one with code. More type information is supplied when calling
the default constructor.

> Also the mailing list archives for something similar to get a date where it
> might have been fixed. If you can narrow it down to a date range I can send
> you diffs.

4.0.1 (2004/07/06 08:12:25) to 2004/08/02 would be interesting thanks,

cheers,

--
Simon Edwards             | Guarddog Firewall
simon at simonzone.com       | http://www.simonzone.com/software/