[PyKDE] debian's python-kde3 horribly broken

Ricardo Javier Cardenes Medina rcardenes at debian.org
Thu Mar 31 10:02:17 BST 2005

On Thu, Mar 31, 2005 at 01:40:07AM +0200, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am working on a couple of KDE applications with PyKDE and noticed that
> python-kde3 broke with the latest upgrade (for both ports, i386 and pure64).
> I cannot import most of the pykde modules anymore, getting the following
> errors:

As Torsten said, we are reworking those packages a bit, next time we'll
use "experimental" to introduce new, backwards incompatible "sip" and
the rest of the toolchain (PyQt, PyKDE) before making them into Sid.

I thought PyKDE was going to prevent the other two from upgrading (as
PyQt did with sip), but just realized that it doesn't include a proper
sip dependancy, as it should.

Please, wait a bit. You can get the previous versions of PyQt and sip
from testing if you need them badly (and put them "on hold" if you want
to upgrade the rest of your distro).