[PyKDE] Re: Failing to set the text of comboboxes

Jorge Godoy godoy at ieee.org
Mon May 16 20:27:42 BST 2005

Torsten Marek <shlomme at gmx.net> writes:

> if I try to use setCurrentText in a simple example, I do not observe any
> problems, the text just gets set.

If I do that, it works here too...  With editable comboboxes and with
duplicatesEnabled set to false, as I need it to work.

I was trying some combinations to see when it failed, but it worked with
everything I tried until I got in the situation that I need in the application
:-( The only variable that is missing is the database connection, but both
data -- the one that populates the combobox and the one that is used to set
the combobox text -- comes from the database and should be identical...

> And if not, can you produce a minimal program that displays your problem and
> send it in along with the versions of Python, Qt, sip and PyQt?

It works in a simpler test...  I'll have to triple check the application
code...

Thanks for your help.

--
Jorge Godoy      <godoy at ieee.org>