[PyKDE] ANN: PyKDE Extensions 0.1.0

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Tue May 17 02:53:51 BST 2005

On Tue, 17 May 2005 00:16:31, Simon Edwards wrote:
> On Monday 16 May 2005 15:29, David Boddie wrote:

> > The only problem I had with installation was that the Python modules were
> > installed in a python2.3/site-packages directory created specially by the
> > setup script, rather than in my existing Python installation.
>
> That's totally weird, since the stuff for installing pure python modules is
> standard distutils that comes with your python installation. Maybe setup.py
> was run using the wrong python version. Maybe some environment variable is
> not set right... dunno.

What value do you get for self.prefix in the InstallKDE class's run method?
I see a value of "/opt/kde", but my Python installation's prefix is
/usr/local/.

I'm not sure how I can avoid this if I want to install scripts in
/opt/kde/bin and Python modules somewhere in /usr/local/lib/. I'm not
familiar enough with Distutils' internals to be able to suggest an
immediate workaround. :-(

David