[PyKDE] autoAdding buttons to a grid

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Thu May 19 07:05:32 BST 2005

> Okay so create a button-group for each of the sets of buttons you need.
> Hide them all by calling their hide() methods. As each set of buttons
> is needed, call its show() method (after re-positioning it if necessary
> by calling its move() method). There should be no need to keep creating
> and destroying widgets to achieve what you want.

Ahhh.. Ok I see.  Yeah thats a much better way.  I just had my head
around it wrong.
I don't know that I'm going to be able to fully determine _all_ the
various permutations possible and have that number of groupboxes handy
but I should be able to figure out most of them.  I still think I'll
have to re-create one or two since you can't shrink a grid once
created but we will see.

> provides the three methods mentioned above). Its quite important to
> familiarize yourself with Qt's documentation for this class:

Over the past few nights I've spent a _lot_ of time buried in the Qt
docs and googleing for things.  I did read and look at most of those
tutorials.  The problem was that I was looking for the wrong stuff and
examples of trying to do the wrong things.

I just needed knowledgeable person like yourself to enlighten me with
a slight smack up side the head and show me the Qt way. *grin*  Thats
one of the reasons I continued to post my findings on this thread as
it seemed like what I was trying to do was just way too hard.
Hopefully the archives will help the next soul who trys to head down
my same path.

> more geared towards the sorts of questions you are asking. You can find
> it here:
>
> http://www.qtforum.org

Thanks. I'll check it out. When I started this thread I was thinking
that I just wasn't doing somthing right in pyQt but now I see it was
totally a Qt thing.

--
Richard A. Smith