[PyKDE] signal decorator for PyQT

Simon Edwards simon at simonzone.com
Thu May 19 18:37:14 BST 2005

Hi,

On Saturday 14 May 2005 11:05, Stefan Behnel wrote:
> I don't read this list, so I don't know if this message will get through and
> will not receive replies to the list...
>
> I just wanted to mention that I wrote a decorator for specifying the
> signal/slot signature of a function or method. Code and usage are pretty
> simple, see
> http://www.diotavelli.net/PyQtWiki/SignalDecorator

> Makes your code totally readable.

It looks pretty cool. It could even be made even simpler if you could modify
PyQt and QObject.connect(). I would like to add something like this for using
DCOP with PyKDE. Mind you, I'm still running Python 2.3, as are most users.
but hey...

Here is an example using DBUS:

http://www.martianrock.com/?p=47

cheers,

--
Simon Edwards             | Guarddog Firewall
simon at simonzone.com       | http://www.simonzone.com/software/